Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tour Tiny House

Here's a poorly produced video tour of my Seoul mini-apartment, which I lovingly call "Tiny House."

Three colleagues live in my building, and my friend Sadira and I are already looking forward to throwing barbecues on the sweet rooftop terrace. My surprisingly quiet little sanctuary is on the top floor of an eight-story apartment building a few blocks from Sillim metro station and two shopping malls. Surrounding streets are lined with coffee shops, mom 'n' pop convenience stores, karaoke bars, love motels and fantastic street food vendors. Thank goodness that delicious, inexpensive, reasonably healthy food is ubiquitous in Seoul, because, as you'll see, cooking in Tiny Kitchen presents some challenges.

Imperfect as it may be, Tiny House has become my Tiny Home. (Its inclusion in my teaching contract boosts my affection for the place.)

No comments:

Post a Comment